Pages

description of blog

This photo was taken by our daughter, Sarah Timmons, or my wife, depending on who you ask. We were in Rehoboth Beach, DE on Easter Sunday, 2011.


Several years ago, on the way home from a family vacation, I picked up a notebook and quickly recorded an incident that had occurred involving our son. Eventually, I used that story to illustrate something about my spiritual walk as a believer in Christ. Thus began a deliberate attempt to document the significance of everyday events. Almost any ordinary circumstance in daily life can become fodder for another story. This, almost by definition, lends itself to a blog.

Of course, many of the entries here are just ordinary diary style stuff... the stuff of ordinary blogs. Good grief, I don't want to be ordinary.


Saturday, July 7, 2012

"Old Ladies"

I have been doing work for my first grade teacher since December of 1998.  We have done major projects on her home, including a new roof, new siding, new windows, a remodeled bathroom, a remodeled kitchen, painting, various maintenance issues on her property, and most recently, a new out-building.

Years ago, after writing her a thank-you note for a tip she once gave me, she encouraged me to write more.  I took that encouragement to heart.  I give her much credit for why I pressed on into writing.

She is one of those people who are faithful to express to me her thanks when I work on her home.  This note came in the mail with her payment for work we just did to make some of her routine tasks easier.  Her handwriting is deceiving.  She is much more spry than it would indicate.


Translation:
Thank you so much
for the many things you
do to make "old ladies' "
lives more comfortable.
Until next time...


She is the one who deserves my thanks.  She is on the long list of people who make my life the joy it is.  And I look forward to caring for her for years to come.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can only hope she is able to see this.