Pages

description of blog

This photo was taken by our daughter, Sarah Timmons, or my wife, depending on who you ask. We were in Rehoboth Beach, DE on Easter Sunday, 2011.


Several years ago, on the way home from a family vacation, I picked up a notebook and quickly recorded an incident that had occurred involving our son. Eventually, I used that story to illustrate something about my spiritual walk as a believer in Christ. Thus began a deliberate attempt to document the significance of everyday events. Almost any ordinary circumstance in daily life can become fodder for another story. This, almost by definition, lends itself to a blog.

Of course, many of the entries here are just ordinary diary style stuff... the stuff of ordinary blogs. Good grief, I don't want to be ordinary.


Monday, July 23, 2012

WMDT 47 News at the Delaware State Fair

During the summer, I sometimes ask if the boys want to go to work with me.  Recently, Elias accompanied me to a job in Harrington.  Every year, I construct a temporary set for WMDT Channel 47 TV, where they do an on-site 6:00 p.m. newscast from the Delaware State Fair.  The boys have been with me in the past.  This year, Elias expressed an interest in going back.

I construct the walls and floor of the set.
We use the same set every year.  It was built in sections the first year, which could be disassembled and put into storage.  Elias and I trooped up to Harrington for the assembly.  He worked all day with me, steadying wall sections, toting lumber, handing me screws, and covering scratches with a marker.

On the way home, I opened my wallet and fished out a 5 dollar bill.  I handed it to Elias and said "Here son, you were a big help today."

He responded "No, I don't want it."

"It's o.k. son, you worked hard all day long.  You were a big help to me."

He responded "I don't need it.  You don't have to pay me.  It wasn't like work - it was fun."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great attitude!!!!!!!!!!!