Pages

description of blog

This photo was taken by our daughter, Sarah Timmons, or my wife, depending on who you ask. We were in Rehoboth Beach, DE on Easter Sunday, 2011.


Several years ago, on the way home from a family vacation, I picked up a notebook and quickly recorded an incident that had occurred involving our son. Eventually, I used that story to illustrate something about my spiritual walk as a believer in Christ. Thus began a deliberate attempt to document the significance of everyday events. Almost any ordinary circumstance in daily life can become fodder for another story. This, almost by definition, lends itself to a blog.

Of course, many of the entries here are just ordinary diary style stuff... the stuff of ordinary blogs. Good grief, I don't want to be ordinary.


Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Race into the New Year

Yesterday I ran the Race into the New Year 5k in Rehoboth Beach.  One of the few races I know of that goes right down the Rehoboth board walk.  Finished 35th out of 203 runners, 5th out of 9th in my age group. 


I am apparently in a tough age group (50-54).  Four out of nine are in the top 12% of the field?  What's that all about?  I have a theory... perhaps men at my age are all going through mid-life crises, and are pouring themselves into running to redeem themselves.

So the question, of course, is "Am I one of those men?"  Perhaps.  But why can't I be a man who is having a mid-life crisis and buys a new sports car?  I want a '69 Z-28, by the way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

However you celebrate your mid-life crisis, may you be blessed as you continue to run the race with endurance. You, more than many, understand what that requires! Happy New Year, Brent! BTW