Pages

description of blog

This photo was taken by our daughter, Sarah Timmons, or my wife, depending on who you ask. We were in Rehoboth Beach, DE on Easter Sunday, 2011.


Several years ago, on the way home from a family vacation, I picked up a notebook and quickly recorded an incident that had occurred involving our son. Eventually, I used that story to illustrate something about my spiritual walk as a believer in Christ. Thus began a deliberate attempt to document the significance of everyday events. Almost any ordinary circumstance in daily life can become fodder for another story. This, almost by definition, lends itself to a blog.

Of course, many of the entries here are just ordinary diary style stuff... the stuff of ordinary blogs. Good grief, I don't want to be ordinary.


Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pomanders

When I was in Mrs. Ethel Tingle's fourth grade class at Frankford Elementary School in the year 1970, she scheduled a special project around Christmas time.  We spent most of the afternoon making pomanders.  She gave us specific instructions not to start with a ring of cloves in a straight line around the circumference of the orange, as this would cause it to break in half.  I was careful to place my cloves as randomly as humanly possible to avoid this.

Somehow, I managed to save my pomander.  It may be the oldest pomander in recorded history.


As you can see, my pomander may also be the largest in recorded history. Things like this should not go unnoticed.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indeed it did not go unnoticed!Do I detect that you might be a little sentimental.

Anonymous said...

As I read your blogs, I can't help but notice that since you "freed" your mother you have several new comments. Hope she doesn't get too carried away--------

Brent Timmons said...

I believe she has a lot of pent up comments to release. Either that, or she feels sorry for me and wants me to think someone is paying attention.