Pages

description of blog

This photo was taken by our daughter, Sarah Timmons, or my wife, depending on who you ask. We were in Rehoboth Beach, DE on Easter Sunday, 2011.


Several years ago, on the way home from a family vacation, I picked up a notebook and quickly recorded an incident that had occurred involving our son. Eventually, I used that story to illustrate something about my spiritual walk as a believer in Christ. Thus began a deliberate attempt to document the significance of everyday events. Almost any ordinary circumstance in daily life can become fodder for another story. This, almost by definition, lends itself to a blog.

Of course, many of the entries here are just ordinary diary style stuff... the stuff of ordinary blogs. Good grief, I don't want to be ordinary.


Wednesday, November 28, 2012

What's the weirdest thing...

Forgot to add this to the list of FAQs.

  • So, the question would be "What's the weirdest thing that's happened since training for the race?"

    • Without a doubt, that would be a thought I had during one of the long runs about a month ago.  It was a cold morning, and I was wearing a stocking cap that covers my face.  About half way through the run, I was tired but sort of cozy running along in my cap.  The tired feeling turned to a sleepy, relaxed feeling.  I begin to wonder if I could sleep while running, like a horse can sleep standing up.  I tried closing my eyes for a spell to test the theory, but once I pictured myself running out into traffic or into the ditch, I gave up on that idea.

    • Another thing that comes to mind, although not really weird, was that on one long run I found an I-Phone in the dirt beside the road.  I picked it up, discovered it worked, and dropped it off at the house mid-run so Tina could try to track down the owner.  We discovered the owner was snoop dog somebody (no offense intended... his nick name included the word "dog"), who I met later at McDonald's to return it.  He was very appreciative, and told me I "Saved his life".  Finally, some redeeming value to this whole thing.


1 comment:

Mom said...

The FAQ's were so good, but I especially like "snoop dog". Always knew some one in the family would be a hero!!!!!!!!!