Pages

description of blog

This photo was taken by our daughter, Sarah Timmons, or my wife, depending on who you ask. We were in Rehoboth Beach, DE on Easter Sunday, 2011.


Several years ago, on the way home from a family vacation, I picked up a notebook and quickly recorded an incident that had occurred involving our son. Eventually, I used that story to illustrate something about my spiritual walk as a believer in Christ. Thus began a deliberate attempt to document the significance of everyday events. Almost any ordinary circumstance in daily life can become fodder for another story. This, almost by definition, lends itself to a blog.

Of course, many of the entries here are just ordinary diary style stuff... the stuff of ordinary blogs. Good grief, I don't want to be ordinary.


Friday, March 9, 2012

Fine Young Cannibals

Note: Over 55?  Don't waste your time with this.

You may be wondering why I put songs in this blog. Whether a song is good or not is simply a matter of opinion, and I'm just another guy offering his.  You can Google any song you want and see what people have to say about it.  So what's the point of me doing it here?  There IS no point.  It's just plain fun to do it, because I am continually amazed and in awe of anyone who can make music such as this.  And besides, if you use Google, you don't get to read my brief yet fascinating comments.

On a more serious note, I do have another motivation... young people.  Young people need to be exposed to older music.  Oh, and there's old people.  Old people need to be exposed to old music that isn't as old as they are, but which is too new for them to have listened to.  And then, once I get these two groups of people reading this blog, I can expose them to all sorts of material to enrich their lives.


To create a great, memorable song, follow these steps:
  1. Come up with a creative name for your band.
  2. Find a lead singer with a voice that sounds like no other on earth.
  3. Incorporate nonsense words into the lyrics.
  4. Write about lost love, or women in general.




Good Thing

The one good thing in my life
Has gone away I don't know why
She's gone away I don't know where
Somewhere I can't follow her

The one good thing didn't stay too long
My back was turned and she was gone

Good thing where have you gone
Good thing you've been gone too long
Hey hey hey woo hoo hoo

People say I should forget
There's plenty more don't get upset
People say she's doin' fine
Mutual friends I see sometime

That's not what I want to hear
I want to hear she wants me near

Good thing where have you gone
Good thing you've been gone too long
Hey hey hey woo hoo hoo

Then one day she came back
I was so happy that I didn't ask
Morning came into my room
Caught me dreaming like a fool

Good thing where have you gone
Good thing you've been gone too long
Hey hey hey woo hoo hoo

4 comments:

Myra said...

Oh yes. How I remember this song. I think it was out around the time Michael and I were dating. We love to fill our home with music for our little pianist - and us too. This is a topic I never tire of.

Brent Timmons said...

Didn't mention it before, but the entire album is a blast. "She Drives Me Crazy" is perhaps one of the funnest songs EVER.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm in that over 55 group. Should have read your comment before I listened to it. Sorry.

Brent Timmons said...

Actually, I added the "over 55" comment later, for the benefit of that group.