Pages

description of blog

This photo was taken by our daughter, Sarah Timmons, or my wife, depending on who you ask. We were in Rehoboth Beach, DE on Easter Sunday, 2011.


Several years ago, on the way home from a family vacation, I picked up a notebook and quickly recorded an incident that had occurred involving our son. Eventually, I used that story to illustrate something about my spiritual walk as a believer in Christ. Thus began a deliberate attempt to document the significance of everyday events. Almost any ordinary circumstance in daily life can become fodder for another story. This, almost by definition, lends itself to a blog.

Of course, many of the entries here are just ordinary diary style stuff... the stuff of ordinary blogs. Good grief, I don't want to be ordinary.


Friday, March 23, 2012

Story Subjects

I was at someone's home, and in the midst of showing me something peculiar about the house, the person jokingly said "You aren't going to write a story about me are you?"

Hmmm.

I did not question the person about the meaning of the comment.  But I wondered if they meant that sometimes I may be insensitive to the people I make part of my writing, who may not want to be the subject of a story.  I make every effort not to put anyone in a bad light.  True, sometimes our kids get a raw deal, but normally I paint myself as the person in need of learning something. 

So for the record, I will keep this concern in mind.  And my apologies to the person who, despite their protests, for the first time became the subject of a story.

1 comment:

blt said...

Hey, I would love to be the subject!!!!!!!!!!!